Thank you for your interest in my snakes. I designed the terms and conditions below to ensure smooth transactions and make sure that all the details of buying a snake on the internet are clear. Please read my terms and conditions below carefully.
1) Please double check the availability of the snake you are interested in before you send payment. Call or text before you pay! Texting works the best. Feel free to text me to discuss any details concerning buying a snake. When I am not teaching I can chat on the phone. (951.807.7598)
2) If you send payment for a snake, then you are subject to my terms and conditions. If you put a deposit down to reserve a snake, then the deposit is non-refundable. Make sure you are committed to a purchase if you give a deposit.
3) I will not ship a snake until I have received and processed payment and feel all the necessary preparations have been made. Shipping could be delayed because of weather conditions or if a snake in shed. During the months of December, January, and February there can be delays in shipping. We will work together to choose a safe time for shipping your snake.
4) I ship via shipyourreptiles.com in industry standard heated and insulated boxes. I do not ship to home addresses. I will only ship to a FedEx ship center for pick up. We will work out the best location for the pick up. If these conditions are met, then I will guarantee live delivery. I will follow all the rules and conditions outlined by shipyourreptiles.com.
5) Please make sure to have a proper enclosure with heat, water dish, substrate, and hiding places ready for your snake upon arrival. See my care sheets.
6) Never release your snake into the wild! This can cause the hobby of snake keeping and breeding unwanted negative publicity; be a responsible snake keeper dedicated to educating and sharing. If you need to find a home for a snake you bought from me, then contact me.
7) Please be patient with me. I am a very busy educator; my students and my herps are all demanding of my time. I will try to get all requests done in a timely manor. It is important that you keep in contact me while we are working through the logistics of buying a snake online.
Payment Plan Policy:
If you choose to make a partial payment to hold a snake, then make sure you are committed. All payments are nonrefundable if you change your mind. My payment policy is outlined below.
1) 25% down payment to get started
2) The remaining balance is due in 30 days
3) A second payment of 25% of the original price (including shipping) will buy another 15 days
4) The remaining balance is due on day 45
5) I am open to alternative plans for higher end snakes/s with prices that exceed $800
Thank you for reading my terms and for your interest in my snakes. I can provide references if needed.
Stephen Richardson Herpetoculture